AfB for the seventh time in a row "Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher"
Every year since 2012 AfB is awarded as "Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher" (MAR). This label highlights the high competence of the AfB with regard to data security and the handling of Windows licenses.
"Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher" is a worldwide program from Microsoft. It enables computer refurbishers to offer remanufactured PCs and notebooks on which original Microsoft software is pre-installed. The selection of who will be included in the MAR program follows strict guidelines.
The MAR guidelines require that
- appropriate systems for data erasure and reporting are in place,
- any Windows licenses that may be on devices can be deactivated and thus no longer be used,
- technical know-how for the pre-installation of Microsoft Windows operating systems is available in large quantities
- appropriate security measures have been taken to ensure safe handling and storage of high value assets and software licenses,
- Compliance with all applicable regulations is regularly checked,
- significant quantities of equipment are processed (at least 1,000 per month).
That all these criteria are met can not be taken for granted! Therefore, membership in this program shows our partners important added values of the AfB and corresponds to an award from Microsoft.